Thursday, April 9, 2015

Creative Eye Thursday- Sweet and Simple Sewing

Sweet and Simple Sewing

Quilts and Sewing Projects to Give - or Keep

by Jessie Jung, Carrie Jung, and Lauren Jung

Martingale, 2014; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved

Looking through this book by Moda's fabric designers, you will love all the variety of projects they offer.  There are quilts (love), and pin cushions, bags, potholders, cozy's, and more.  If you are looking for something fun and quick to put together, or a fun quilt, you will find it here.

Check out some of the fun goodies you can see in this book:
Martingale, 2014; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved

I found this quilt below, and I knew I wanted to try my own thing with one of it's blocks.

Martingale, 2014; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved


I actually love the fabric choices of the quilt above.  But, for the intent of showing something different on this blog, I went a different direction.  In each of the blocks of the above quilt, the colors are more muted and there is some blending going on.  I think it's lovely.  But, I wanted to try something a little different.  

Grabbing a little of my Kaffe Fassett fabric, I got to work.  There are a fair amount of pieces of this block.  Which is actually fun.  It was interesting to watch this all come together.  I definitely wanted a big impact on this quilt block.  No blending.  I also wanted to make the frame around the star, the "interest" in the block {instead of the star fabric}.  Here is it is.  What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment